26.2, thing 12
I am a self-confessed NPR junkie. I almost want to plan road trips just to have that listening-to-a-great-story-while-driving experience. My life does not allow for the unfettered listening time that I desire - like when I had my own office at work and could partake all day. So podcasts are a brilliant solution for me - and YET, I have never explored,listened, downloaded.....until now! Another example of why I took this course - to demystify these Things!
I did a lot of exploring on the NPR site; took me a while to find a comfort level with navigation - kept popping out of podcasts into other areas. I got the hang of it in due time... and now must try to balance another potential addiction! I linked a few RSS feeds to my reader so I can now connect to the podcasts of some shows I didn't know about - one is Three Books (writers are invited to talk about three great reads on a single theme). You can read the transcript of the broadcast, but there's something really cool, and more personal, about hearing the author's voice. It's a treat.
Idea - link to podcasts of book reviews, author readings & interviews, etc. from the library website....
Like this: Chick Lit that Features Heroines, Not High Heels - from the Three Books NPR show, this one featuring author Curtis Sittenfeld.
Next step - figure out how to download the podcasts for portability onto the snazzy MP3 player... waiting for December!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment