Monday, October 27, 2008

Not So Scary

26.2, thing 13

Since earlier in the course I took on the moniker of Thingamabrarian, I can cross that off my list and invite you to again check out the page I set up for my library branch's book group. I've still got some work to do on it...populating entries with tags, reviews; inviting the book group members to check it out and make comments on titles also. Now that I've seen the Emmanuel Library Flickr page, however, I may chart a different course on this - I really like the way the titles are catalog-linked.

One new item in my LibraryThing collection has nothing to do with the book group. It is a picture book called The Porcelain Man authored by Richard Kennedy and illustrated by a local artist, Marcia Sewall, who I visited recently at Dorchester Open Studios. I purchased it from her, along with three others she has written/adapted/illustrated, and had her autograph them, to include in an auction that my son's school is doing to raise money for a schoolyard renovation. That's a long story to say that there were no good cover images and little description of the book - so I photographed the cover, edited it, and uploaded it to LibraryThing. I also included a brief summary of the book. I feel like I've taken another big step away from my past behavior as a web lurker! Say, this isn't so bad....

I'm wimpish when it comes to scary stories - I think reading Amityville Horror and the Shining when I was in 6th grade really did me in....sigh, there can be a downside to non-censored reading as a kid! But I LOVE Halloween, always have, and this is my favorite season. Searching on LibraryThing brought me to a couple of favorites.... Click on the covers to get to the details.




No comments: