26.2, thing 24
Wow, libraries are really doing some awesome things using Twitter. I'm impressed and feeling behind the times! But mainly inspired toward possible implementation....
The library Twitter sites and articles already exhibit the ways I could envision using microblogging in the library setting. Not so inventive, but perhaps also to:
- inform patrons that a book they requested is available for pick up
- answer short reference questions
- remind book group members of what we're reading next and when we are meeting
- let patrons know of new book titles that may be of interest
- reach populations we might not be reaching - i.e. those folks who are NOT walking through our doors
I also particularly like the idea posted by Boston Librarian Discovers 2.0 of giving technical updates - databases down, printer not working, etc. - HOW USEFUL that would be!
A fun, pie-in-the sky idea, possible only if participants have mobile devices to send and receive messages - use Twitter in a library based Amazing Race treasure hunt that is aimed at getting kids/teens to be more comfortable using reference sources, databases, and other texts - tweeting next clues.....


No comments:
Post a Comment